What if you could make money while traveling the world & doing things you love - all that by working 15 hours per week from your laptop?!Details
I had Never Been More WRONG In My Life
During this time I happened to get introduced to one of the most amazing industries that just happens to be at the peak of ripeness. What am I talking about about? 2 words…
More specifically, “Online Courses”. (Now a $107 Billion industry and growing!)
You see, I hate risk. (Especially after failing so many times)
My goal for the past decade has been to figure out how to create a business that didn’t rely on me having to do something I hated.
For me to dive headlong into another business, it needed to be fail-proof. I didn’t have much ego left to damage.
It needed to NOT rely on me exchanging time for money like getting a 2nd job or delivering pizzas.
It needed to be rejection proof.
Then, 8 years ago…I did it. And now I want to show you exactly how you can do the same thing.
But first.. I want to tell you a story.
I’LL TELL YOU EXACTLY WHAT THE SECRET IS…
A few years back, I started reading blogs like MichaelHyatt.com and Pat Flynn’s SmartPassiveIncome.com and I was excited about the thought of blogging, self-publishing, eBooks etc., and all the other opportunities I saw to help people and start making a side income at the same time.
And then I did what few people do. I actually started 2 blogs and wrote an ebook. That’s right. I took action. Without knowing what I was doing or where I was going. But I knew to win I had to be in the game.
So I spent months writing this instructional e-book. I thought I would self-publish it – everyone would buy it – love it – and tell their friends to buy it.
WINNING IDEA DISCOVERY
We’ll start at the beginning and lay the foundation for building an exceptional course that people are excited to go through. I’ll share with you my secret formula for coming up with course ideas that won’t leave you spending months creating something that no one buys.
Also included in Module #1:
- 3 “must have” elements every successful course contains—and they have nothing to do with the training itself.
- Why your excitement level is critical—and how to quickly determine exactly what “sets you on fire” and will help build momentum.
- 4 ways to quickly identify exactly what your ideal student needs right now—get this right, and your course will sell itself.
- Why your course must align with your business brand—and how to test any potential course ideas before investing time in it.
- The one goal all course instructors must keep in mind—miss this and you’ll be wasting valuable time, money and energy for very little benefit.
- My top strategy for fast (and accurate) market research—just one hour of your time can bring in dozens of ideas.
- How to know if people are willing to pay for specific training—because the last thing you want to do is create a course you cannot sell!
- 10 popular course types with real life examples, so you can see where your idea might fit.
- 9 different ways to structure your course—and how to choose the right one for your business and your audience.
PRICING & POSITIONING
Once you know what you’re going to offer, it’s time to talk pricing. And let’s face it, this is where a lot of new (and even established) creators get stuck. After all, if you price yourself too high, you run the risk of losing sales. Too low, and your potential audience might wonder if your course has any value at all.
Also included in Module #2:
- The number one question you must answer positively—because a “no” here will send you right back to the drawing board.
- The 2-step process that virtually guarantees the best price for your course—This one strategy will greatly reduce your stress levels over pricing!
- What to do if you’re facing a true “money block” over pricing—and how to identify the issue quickly so you can move past it
- How to help financially strapped prospects—not everyone will be able to afford your course, but you can still help them if you adopt one of these 3 strategies.
- Why overloading bonuses is not a good tactic—and how it can actually reduce the value of your new course.
- One course element that will turn buyers into raving fans—and two easy ways to incorporate it into everything you do.
- How to engage your students—and help ensure sales of future courses at the same time
COURSE STRUCTURE & DESIGN
If you’re like a lot of super creative, heart-centered teachers, module 3 is where the magic will happen. By this time you’ve probably already outlined your course—maybe several times. You already know what you’ll charge for it and who will buy it and why they need it.
What you don’t know (yet) – is how you will deliver it. In module 3 I’ll walk you through the techy bits and relieve that feeling of overwhelm so you can finally release your new course to the world.
Also included in Module #3:
- 3 essential tools every course seller needs—plus a few optional (but nice to have) systems
- What you must know about delivery options—and how to choose the right one for you.
- Why a new domain name for your course is critical—and how to choose the right one
- My top resources list—save time and money by browsing through the proven solutions for everything from graphics to calendar management.
- How to simplify the creation process—so you can get on with the marketing and attracting students
- Content creation traps to watch for—knowing where the pitfalls lie will save you a ton of work (and money, too).
- 2 powerful ways to name your course—get this right, and you’ll both attract your ideal student, and turn away those who aren’t a good fit…and all before they even hit your sales page
COURSE LAUNCH SUCCESS
Now that you have all the pieces in place, it’s time to get the word out and make your course a raving success. I have a simple plan for making that happen, and it’s all laid out for you in module 4…
Also included in Module #4:
- How to know “what’s next” in your product creation plan—this is a critical consideration, and will help determine how successful your first course is
- How to create a compelling incentive that magically grows your list—and the drop-dead easy way to create a gift that perfectly resonates with your ideal participant.
- 8 elements of a successful landing page—when you get this right, you’ll enjoy a flood of signups
- How to craft a follow-up series of emails—and 4 ways to write enticing subject lines that encourage opens.
- A proven, 7-email map for launch—follow this plan and you’ll set yourself up for success (even with a tiny list)
- 10 powerful pre-launch sales strategies—use these to get your audience excited for your new course!
- How to manage customer support—and how to take the stress out of refunds and other requests
- How to seamlessly incorporate masterminds and VIP days into your overall marketing plan—and without feeling like a fraud!
COURSE CREATION LIVE
This is my favorite module! You’ll get to watch over my shoulder as I build out a course from start to finish. This is where you get to connect all the dots from the previous lessons — but rather than simply telling you what to do next…I want to SHOW you.
Also included in Module #5:
- How I outline a course using both a linear outlining system and something more visual like a mindmap – perfect for those who struggle with writer’s block and want to learn how to “unlock” ideas
- My favorite way to collect research from the web and & those random bursts of inspiration – this one free tool is all you need
- How I create course worksheets and where I host them for downloading
- The little known FREE tool I use to create those PDFs with fillable forms (student’s love these)
- My step-by-step process for creating slides (hint: templates are key
- How I record, edit, and upload my course videos
- The specific tools I use to keep on track, organized, and actually enjoying the process
- My two favorite ways to get the right logo for my course.
- A behind-the-scenes look at how I setup my best-selling course, Learn Scrivener Fast – I show you every detail. (Until now this was only available to private coaching clients)
- How to pick the best pictures for your lessons, illustrations & sales pages
- An exact email series you can use to launch your first product to your email list
- And so much more!
Module 6 is all about the finishing touches. It’s time to put the icing on the cake course! Having the right graphics will not only facilitate learning for your students, but it’s also the secret to making your course stand out and appear credible.
Also included in Module #6:
- The #1 mistake course creators make when designing their own courses
- Where to “swipe” multiple examples of winning course designs without paying a single penny. (Perfect if you suck at design–just copy these and you’re good to go.)
- 2 places to get professional looking course logos without blowing your course budget
- How you can design 99% of the stuff you’ll need with Canva for free – I’ll show you how
- My secret for creating those fancy 3D product shots (hint: you can do this even if you can’t draw a straight line)
- Where I find my slide deck templates – and how to tweak them to match your own branding
- How to find an abundance of royalty free pictures to use in your training materials
- My two favorite ways to get the right logo for my course.
- My 2 “can’t live without” tools for creating high-quality screenshots
- Plus much much more!